Happy Dog Days of Summer!
It’s time to treat your dog to something cool, refreshing, and frozen! Let us help you with a quick, but fun recipe for the entire family to create for the special dog(s) in your life.
First grab all the necessary Ingredients:
- 2 organic bananas
- 32 oz of plain organic yogurt; we love Stonyfields!
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons local honey (this will help your dogs allergies!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 8oz bag of Blanchard’s Treats (buy here!)
Next comes the fun part!
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays.
- Add Blanchard’s Treats on top.
- Freeze overnight.
Serve to your favorite dogs, enjoy the rest of Summer, and shop in our online bakery!
Fun Fact: According to The Old Farmer’s Almanac, the Dog Days of summer are traditionally the 40 days beginning July 3 and ending August 11, which coincide with the dawn rising of the Sirius, the Dog Star. This is soon after the Summer Solstice, which of course also indicates that heat will soon set in. To learn more about the Dogs Days of Summer visit the Almanac.